St. Joseph’s Convent celebrates 150 years
St. Joseph’s Convent School at Bandra, Mumbai is a Catholic educational institution which has as its aim:
- To provide a multidimensional education- intellectual, physical, emotional, spiritual and psychological- for the girl child.
- To achieve excellence at the level of the student’s potential by encouraging cooperation rather than competition.
- To form students who respect persons with their differences and learn to live in harmony with all.
- To foster in students a sensitivity to and care for the earth so as to ensure a sustainable development
- To create enlightened and empowered women who respond to the weakest and most suffering in love
Thus preparing its students to be self motivated agents of social transformation.
News & Events
On 22nd and 23rd September 2016, a School Level Science Exhibition was held in the Big Hall. 29 projects were displayed by the student participants under the guidance of Ms. Candida and Ms. Sharalda.
21st September 2016- Sahashaleya Upakram Elocution Competition (Junior Level) was organized where Ms. Simin Shah trained Devanshi Pandey for “India of my dreams”. 22nd September 2016- Sahshaleya Upakram Lezim Competition was held on at St. Stanislaus High School...
On 17th September 2016, ‘Value Education Training’ was organized by AVEC at Canossa Convent High School, Mahim on the topic “Inclusivity in Education”. It was attended by Ms. Arissa Noronha and Mrs. Priya Gonsalves. Dr. Ram Puniyani and Sr. Noella Dsouza were the...
World Wildlife Fund (WWF) organized an Inter-School Quiz Competition (Middle School Level) on 17 September 2016, at the Maharashtra Nature Park. Two students who participated were accompanied by Ms. Candida Britto.
This year a Pilgrimage to the Mount was organised by Ms. Ophelia Baretto and Podar School on 10th September 2016. The PTA of St. Joseph’s Convent High School provided enthusiastic assistance to make the pilgrimage a success. Students and Representatives of 18 schools...
On 3rd September 2016, the celebration of the ‘Foundation Day’ began with a prayer service which was followed by ‘Teacher’s Day Celebration’. The Cabinet organised various games and put up a dance performance that was enjoyed by all the staff members.
20 students participated in Group Elocution at Bandra Gymkhana on 27th August 2016. Ms Genevieve and Ms Misha trained and accompanied them for the same.
‘Beautiful Women’ a session was held on 19th August 2016. It was conducted by the Women’s Commission of the Archdiocese of Mumbai on the topic ‘Respecting Your Body’ for the students of Class VIII.