St. Joseph’s Convent celebrates 150 years
St. Joseph’s Convent School at Bandra, Mumbai is a Catholic educational institution which has as its aim:
- To provide a multidimensional education- intellectual, physical, emotional, spiritual and psychological- for the girl child.
- To achieve excellence at the level of the student’s potential by encouraging cooperation rather than competition.
- To form students who respect persons with their differences and learn to live in harmony with all.
- To foster in students a sensitivity to and care for the earth so as to ensure a sustainable development
- To create enlightened and empowered women who respond to the weakest and most suffering in love
Thus preparing its students to be self motivated agents of social transformation.
News & Events
This year a Pilgrimage to the Mount was organised by Ms. Ophelia Baretto and Podar School on 10th September 2016. The PTA of St. Joseph’s Convent High School provided enthusiastic assistance to make the pilgrimage a success. Students and Representatives of 18 schools...
On 3rd September 2016, the celebration of the ‘Foundation Day’ began with a prayer service which was followed by ‘Teacher’s Day Celebration’. The Cabinet organised various games and put up a dance performance that was enjoyed by all the staff members.
20 students participated in Group Elocution at Bandra Gymkhana on 27th August 2016. Ms Genevieve and Ms Misha trained and accompanied them for the same.
‘Beautiful Women’ a session was held on 19th August 2016. It was conducted by the Women’s Commission of the Archdiocese of Mumbai on the topic ‘Respecting Your Body’ for the students of Class VIII.
The INDIAN NAVY BAND performed on 13th August 2016, as part of the Independence Day Celebration. The representatives -the Principal, 2 Teachers and 20 Students, of 25 Schools each from all over Mumbai attended the function. Rear Admiral S. N. Ghormade NM was the Chief...
On 23rd July 2016, Creative Writing Workshop was organised by Mumbai English Educators Team (MEET) along with RMSA which was attended by Ms. Genevieve Fernandes. The session was an insight on 'Creative Writing’ by Nafisa Contractor and Akhil Bhosle spoke on ‘Teaching...
CRI Meeting was held at Canossa High School, Mahim on 17th July 2016. It threw light on the following topics ‘New Education Policy’ and ‘POCSO’. It was attended by Sr. Blanche Rodrigues, Sr. Lalita Lopes and Sr. Jenny
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value – Albert Einstein Do come to see the diligent work put up by the students of the H-ward schools at the Science exhibition held at St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Bandra, from 1st December to...