St. Joseph’s Convent celebrates 150 years
St. Joseph’s Convent School at Bandra, Mumbai is a Catholic educational institution which has as its aim:
- To provide a multidimensional education- intellectual, physical, emotional, spiritual and psychological- for the girl child.
- To achieve excellence at the level of the student’s potential by encouraging cooperation rather than competition.
- To form students who respect persons with their differences and learn to live in harmony with all.
- To foster in students a sensitivity to and care for the earth so as to ensure a sustainable development
- To create enlightened and empowered women who respond to the weakest and most suffering in love
Thus preparing its students to be self motivated agents of social transformation.
News & Events
This year, we at St. Jospeh’s decided to celebrate History Week in a bid to make History more interesting for the students and to foster a love for the subject. In keeping with this aim the following activities were undertaken by the staff and students. A walk...
This year, the theme for the Annual Day was H2O ( an oath2Ourselves) and the stress was on protecting our environment, especially water. The programme included a skit set in Nursery Rhyme land and also feature some lively songs and colourful dances. The school Report...
The School celebrated International Yoga Day on 21st June, 2018. Miss Tanvi Mehra conducted a yoga session for the students of std 6 & 7.
All the students from standard 5th to 8th received free Textbooks from the Education Department. Students were happy to receive their set of textbooks on the very first day of the...
Teachers of each standard welcomed the parents with a prayer service.Thereafter conducted the meeting with an introduction by our Principal Sr. Lalita. The instruction and rules for the academic year was clearly given by teachers with the help of PPT. [gallery...
Due to the weather advisory issued by the MET department, the Education Department has issued a cautionary CLOSURE for all schools in Mumbai. Marian Kindergarten, and St. Joseph School will be CLOSED on 5 December 2017.
Dear Parents Due to the incessant rains yesterday, there is water logging in the Kindergarten section. Therefore, the KG section will be CLOSED. Please DO NOT SEND YOUR DAUGHTER to school until 4th September 2017 (Monday). Thank you. Manager
Concurrently, on 16th June, a prayer session was conducted for the students of the other faith. Meditation helped the students in relaxing their mind and body followed by a story, a PPT presentation and few quotes based on the topic ‘selflessness’. The sitting ended...